How to Invite a Friend to the Relationship Playbook Series
Leave a comment below: What are other tips you have for inviting someone to church? And if you invited others recently, how was it? We’d love to hear!
TIPS FOR INVITING OTHERS
- BE YOURSELF: Don’t overthink it! Use words and phrasing that feel natural to how you usually talk.
- THINK OF OTHER CIRCLES OF PEOPLE: Think about inviting specific people from communities you’re involved in outside of church – such as:
- work groups
- neighborhood groups
- interest-based Facebook groups
- group text threads
- family chat threads
- CONSIDER BOTH IN-PERSON OR VIRTUAL: Some ways you can invite people (including virtually) include:
Sample blurb to send to a friend personally (through text, Facebook message, email, etc.):
Hey [name]! This might sound a bit random, I just thought about you today and wanted to share this series that my church is doing about strengthening relationships in the midst of COVID (which I’ve found personally to be challenging at times). I love my church and thought you might find this valuable, especially during these times 🙂 I’m gonna tune in this Sunday at [service time] – let me know what you think!
Sample blurbs to post on your social media platforms:
- I always look forward to Sunday mornings! This weekend, my church is going over how we can strengthen our relationships, even in the midst of COVID! Join me for some refreshing encouragement at [service time] at echo.church/online. Feel free to reach out if you ever wanna talk about faith, church, etc.!
- With everything that’s been going on this year, it really has been difficult at times… but I’ve found that staying plugged into a supportive community has made all the difference. Come join me for an encouraging message on the topic of how we can strengthen our relationships (even in the midst of COVID) on Sunday at [service time] at echo.church/online! Feel free to reach out if you ever wanna talk about faith, church, etc.!
Sample blurb to share in a community forum/group (e.g. NextDoor/neighborhood group, other interest-based Facebook groups, etc.):
Hey friends! I wanted to share that I’ve been checking out this church for some time now and love it! I’ve found it really helpful and encouraging personally. Right now, we’re going through a message series on the topic of strengthening relationships in the midst of COVID – and during times like these, relationships with others are more important than ever. I’m gonna tune in this Sunday at [service time] – let me know if any of you are interested in joining me!
You can right click and download the following images to share on your social media platforms: