How to Invite Friends to the
Separation of Church & Hate Series
Leave a comment: What are other tips you have for inviting someone to church? And if you invited others recently, how was it? We’d love to hear!
SOCIAL MEDIA ASSETS
Easily right click & download these images to share on social media!
TIPS FOR HOW TO INVITE
- BE YOURSELF.
Don’t overthink it! Use words that feel natural to how you usually talk.
- THINK OF OTHER CIRCLES OF PEOPLE.
Invite people from communities you’re involved in outside of church, like:
- teams at work
- interest-based Facebook groups
- group text threads
- family chat threads
- CONSIDER BOTH IN-PERSON OR VIRTUAL.
Some ways you can invite people (including virtually) include:
- during a hangout or conversation
- text or call
- social media DM / message (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- share Echo’s social media posts (@echochurchlive on Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- post on social media newsfeeds/groups/stories (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) – see below for assets you can download & post!
- easily invite friends to the Facebook event(s):
- IDENTIFY A NEED.
This series will cover many top-of-mind, current issues such as truth, tolerance, gender identity, racial justice, immigration, and more.
Think about a specific issue the person may be looking for answers about or struggling with. For instance, just had a conversation with someone who’s wrestling with how to handle social media debates, political tensions, or conversations on justice? Here’s a sample blurb you can send them:
Hey [name]. It was great catching up the other day, and I wanted to let you know I’ve been thinking and praying about [situation]. On that note, my church is actually doing a series about [insert topic here]. Let me know if you’d be interested in joining me for a live online church this Sunday 🙂
A NOTE ON RESPONSES:
- If they accept, that’s great! If you’re available, attend or watch the Sunday message at the same time as the person you invited. Then check in with them afterwards on their thoughts.
- If they decline, don’t feel bad! Continue to establish a relationship with the person, and keep praying for them.
Sample blurb to send to a friend personally (through text, Facebook message, email, etc.):
Hey [name]! This might sound a bit random, I just thought about you today and wanted to share this series that my church is doing about [insert topic here]. I love my church and thought you might find this valuable, especially during these times 🙂 I’m gonna join/attend this Sunday at [service time (and location if applicable)] – let me know what you think!
Sample blurbs to post on your social media platforms:
- I always look forward to Sunday mornings! This weekend, my church is going over [insert topic here]! Join me for an encouraging message at [service time] at echo.church/online [or campus location]. Feel free to reach out if you ever wanna talk about faith, church, etc.!
- With everything that’s been going on this year, it really has been difficult at times… but I’ve found that staying plugged into a supportive community has made all the difference. Come join me for an encouraging message on the topic of [insert topic here] on Sunday at [service time] at echo.church/online [or campus location]! Feel free to reach out if you ever wanna talk about faith, church, etc.!
Sample blurb to share in a community forum/group (e.g. NextDoor/neighborhood group, other interest-based Facebook groups, etc.):
Hey friends! I wanted to share that I’ve been checking out this church for some time now and love it! I’ve found it really helpful and encouraging personally. Right now, we’re going through a message series on the topic of [insert topic here]. I’m gonna tune in this Sunday at [service time] at echo.church/online [or campus location] – let me know if any of you are interested in joining me!
"JESUS 2020" YARD SIGNS
A fun way to share about Jesus and this series is by putting out JESUS 2020 yard signs (especially relevant in this election season)!
You can pick them up during any of the following times, OR at our Sunday in-person watch parties at your local campus!
North San Jose & South San Jose Campuses | 1180 Murphy Ave, San Jose, CA 95131 (map)
Thursday, October 8th, 10:00am-2:00pm
Sunnyvale Campus | 1145 E Arques Ave, Sunnyvale CA 94085 (map)
Thursday, October 8th, 10:00am-2:00pm
Fremont Campus | 41386 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538 (map)