Below are some resources and links for further exploration on the topics of gender identity and sexual orientation. We hope they are useful in helping you form your own convictions and response to these important topics. Please keep in mind that listing these resources do not necessarily imply our endorsement.
Websites (with Articles on This Topic)
- Right Now Media: Customizable video Bible study library with hundreds of resources on numerous topics of work, faith, family, and life. FREE for Echo.Church attendees.
- Center For Faith: A collaboration of Christian pastors, leaders, and theologians who aspire to be the Church’s most trusted source of theologically sound teaching and practical guidance on questions related to sexuality and gender.
- The Gospel Coalition: Christian organization that seeks to serve the local by providing gospel-centered and Christ-focused content.
- What Does the Bible Really Teach About Homosexuality? by Kevin DeYoung: A short book that best summarizes the basic theology around homosexuality.
- People to be Loved: Why Homosexuality is not Just an Issue by Preston Sprinkle: This book highlights the relational part of loving all people while challenging people on both sides of the debate in a theologically rooted way.
- Bible, Gender, Sexuality: Reframing the Church’s Debate on Same-Sex Relationships by James Brownson: Reformed pastor and theologian who re-evaluates his traditional stance.
- Is God Anti-Gay? by Sam Allberry: Pastor in the UK who has experienced same-sex attraction his whole life writes a short book on the topic addressing many of the questions raised in these conversations.
- Homosexuality and the Bible: Two Views by Robert Gagnon: Includes a more conservative view — Robert Gagnon — and a more liberal, fully affirming view from Dan Otto Vita.
- Washed and Waiting: Reflections on Christian Faithfulness and Homosexuality by Wesley Hill: The testimony of a gay evangelical Christian who is choosing to embrace celibacy and believes this is God’s best when experiencing same-sex attraction. Started up www.spiritualfriendship.org for gay Christians who feel similarly called to celibacy.