How to Invite Friends to One Life
Inviting others to church can feel daunting at times. Below are some practical tips & tools for how to do it in a casual, friendly, & easy way!
SOCIAL MEDIA ASSETS
Simply right click & download these images to share on social media!
It’s easy to get distracted, to lose purpose, and give our lives to things that—in the end—will not matter. Most of us say we want our one life to count, but struggle to know how to invest our lives.
What if you could live in a way today that you will be pleased with tomorrow?
@echochurchlive is doing a series called One Life on Sundays as we discover how to live for what matters most – and everyone’s invited! I’ll be going to [CAMPUS] at [TIME], and you’re more than welcome to join me!
Check out echo.church/onelifeseries for more times & locations across the Bay Area (or how to join online from anywhere!), or feel free to DM me with any questions. Hope you’ll join us!!
TIPS FOR INVITING OTHERS
- BE YOURSELF.
Don’t overthink it! Use words that feel natural to how you usually talk.
- THINK OF OTHER CIRCLES OF PEOPLE.
Invite people from communities you’re involved in outside of church, like:
- teams at work
- interest-based Facebook groups
- group text threads
- family chat threads
- CONSIDER BOTH IN-PERSON OR VIRTUAL.
Some ways you can invite people (including virtually) include:
- IDENTIFY A NEED.
Think about a specific issue the person may be looking for answers about or struggling with. For instance, just had a conversation with someone who’s feeling hopeless or discouraged? Here’s a sample blurb you can send them:
Hey [name]! It was great catching up the other day, and I wanted to let you know I’ve been thinking and praying about [situation]. On that note, my church is doing a new series One Life about how to live for what matters most, next Sunday on 10/17. Let me know if you’d be interested in joining me for this awesome experience at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link] 🙂
A NOTE ON RESPONSES:
- If they accept, that’s great! If you’re available, attend or watch the Sunday message at the same time as the person you invited. Then check in with them afterwards on their thoughts.
- If they decline, don’t feel bad! Continue to establish a relationship with the person, and keep praying for them
Sample blurb to send to a friend personally (through text, Facebook message, email, etc.):
Hey [name]! This might sound a bit random, I just thought about you today and wanted to share that our church is doing a new series One Life about how to live for what matters most next Sunday (10/17). I’m gonna join/attend this Sunday at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link] – let me know what you think!
Sample blurbs to post on your social media platforms:
- I always look forward to Sunday mornings! This upcoming Sunday (10/17) our church is doing a new series. Join me for an encouraging message at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link]. Feel free to reach out if you ever wanna talk about faith, church, etc.!
- With everything that’s been going on this year, it really has been difficult at times… but I’ve found that staying plugged into a supportive community has made all the difference. Come join me for a new series One Life about how to live for what matters most next Sunday (10/17) at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link]! Feel free to reach out if you ever wanna talk about faith, church, etc.!
Sample blurb to share in a community forum/group (e.g. NextDoor/neighborhood group, other interest-based Facebook groups, etc.):
Hey friends! I wanted to share that I’ve been checking out this church for some time now and love it! I’ve found it really helpful and encouraging personally. This upcoming Sunday 10/17, Echo.Church is starting a new series all about how to live for the things that matter most. I’ll be there this Sunday at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link] – let me know if any of you are interested in joining me!
Thank you for your sharing. I am worried that I lack creative ideas. It is your article that makes me full of hope. Thank you. But, I have a question, can you help me? https://accounts.binance.com/tr/register?ref=WTOZ531Y