How to Invite Friends to Rest for Your Soul
SOCIAL MEDIA ASSETS
Simply right click & download these images to share on social media!
Have you ever felt like you needed a vacation right after finishing a vacation? There’s something about our pace of life (even on our time off!) that doesn’t allow our souls to fully recover. Our longing for productivity and for rest are often at odds with each other.
But it’s possible to live a different way. Join us Sundays, starting on November 28th. Together, we’ll look closely at the life of Jesus – and learn how to find true rest for our souls.
@echochurchlive is doing a series called Rest for Your Soul on Sundays as we discover how to find true rest for our souls – and everyone’s invited! I’ll be going to [CAMPUS] at [TIME], and you’re more than welcome to join me!
Check out echo.church/rest for more times & locations across the Bay Area (or how to join online from anywhere!), or feel free to DM me with any questions. Hope you’ll join us!!
TIPS FOR INVITING OTHERS
- BE YOURSELF.
Don’t overthink it! Use words that feel natural to how you usually talk.
- THINK OF OTHER CIRCLES OF PEOPLE.
Invite people from communities you’re involved in outside of church, like:
- teams at work
- interest-based Facebook groups
- group text threads
- family chat threads
- CONSIDER BOTH IN-PERSON OR VIRTUAL.
Some ways you can invite people (including virtually) include:
- IDENTIFY A NEED.
Think about a specific issue the person may be looking for answers about or struggling with. For instance, just had a conversation with someone who’s feeling hopeless or discouraged? Here’s a sample blurb you can send them:
Hey [name]! It was great catching up the other day, and I wanted to let you know I’ve been thinking and praying about [situation]. On that note, my church is doing a new series Rest for Your Soul about how to find true rest for our souls, next Sunday on 11/28. Let me know if you’d be interested in joining me for this awesome experience at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link] 🙂
A NOTE ON RESPONSES:
- If they accept, that’s great! If you’re available, attend or watch the Sunday message at the same time as the person you invited. Then check in with them afterwards on their thoughts.
- If they decline, don’t feel bad! Continue to establish a relationship with the person, and keep praying for the
Sample blurb to send to a friend personally (through text, Facebook message, email, etc.):
Hey [name]! This might sound a bit random, I just thought about you today and wanted to share that our church is doing a new series Rest for Your Soul about how to find true rest for our souls next Sunday (11/28). I’m gonna join/attend this Sunday at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link] – let me know what you think!
Sample blurbs to post on your social media platforms:
- I always look forward to Sunday mornings! This upcoming Sunday (11/28) our church is doing a new series. Join me for an encouraging message at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link]. Feel free to reach out if you ever wanna talk about faith, church, etc.!
- With everything that’s been going on this year, it really has been difficult at times… but I’ve found that staying plugged into a supportive community has made all the difference. Come join me for a new series Rest for Your Soul about how to find true rest for our souls next Sunday (11/28) at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link]! Feel free to reach out if you ever wanna talk about faith, church, etc.!
Sample blurb to share in a community forum/group (e.g. NextDoor/neighborhood group, other interest-based Facebook groups, etc.):
Hey friends! I wanted to share that I’ve been checking out this church for some time now and love it! I’ve found it really helpful and encouraging personally. This upcoming Sunday 11/28, Echo.Church is starting a new series all about how to find true rest for our souls. I’ll be there this Sunday at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link] – let me know if any of you are interested in joining me!